The products were exposed to genuine internet threats that real customers could have encountered during the test period. Crucially, this exposure was carried out in a realistic way, reflecting a customer's experience as closely as possible. For example, each test system visited genuinely infected websites and downloaded files exactly as an average user would.
The products included:
- Avast! Home Edition 4
- AVG Free AntiVirus (8.5)
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.0)
- BitDefender Internet Security 2010
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
- McAfee Internet Security 2009
- Microsoft Security Essentials (beta)
- Norton Internet Security 2010 (Norton 360 4.0)
- Panda Internet Security 2010
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2010
You can download the full report, for free, from Dennis Technology Labs' website.